Dr. Sahil Goyal offers comprehensive dental implant treatment in his Columbia, MD dentist office. Dental implants are a versatile restorative solution for patients with missing teeth. This solution offers patients many more benefits than traditional options. Tooth implants function, look, and feel like natural teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Patients who invest in dental implant treatment are also investing in their oral and physical health. Dental implants:
- Look, feel, and function like natural teeth: Because implants are surgically inserted into the jaw bone and capped off with a dental crown, they appear and feel natural. This strong and stable restoration truly replaces natural teeth at the tooth root.
- Offer durability and longevity: Other restorative options for missing teeth, including dental bridges or dentures, will need to be replaced eventually. However, when implants are properly placed and cared for, they can last for a lifetime.
- Prevent further tooth loss: If you are missing a single tooth or multiple teeth, the gaps in your smile can cause further bone loss and jawbone deterioration. Dental implants are the only restorative dental option that stimulates the jaw bone for bone growth.
- Improve speech: Removable options for missing teeth, such as dentures and dental bridges, can slip or may not fit correctly. This can make tasks like eating, talking, and biting difficult. Permanent dental implants are stabilized and surgically implanted into the jaw bone, so they make your life a whole lot easier.
- Improve the appearance of your smile and face: Patients with missing teeth may find that their face appears more sunken. Dental implants help maintain the natural shape of your face and fill out your smile for a more balanced look.
- Do not come with dietary restrictions: Removable dentures and dental bridges come with dietary restrictions. Since dental implants are stable in the mouth and act like natural teeth, they do not have any restrictions. Patients can enjoy their favorite foods without the fear of their restoration slipping.
- Prevents damage or decay of healthy teeth: Dental bridges that are supported by natural teeth can damage healthy teeth. A dental implant is surgically placed in a missing tooth’s socket. None of your natural healthy teeth are impacted by this treatment.
- Do not slip or fall out: Patients often worry about their dental restorations falling out while they talk or eat, which makes it socially uncomfortable to do so. Because dental implants are permanent, patients do not need to worry about those issues.